Mung beans are popularly known as green grams. Mung bean is very popular in Asia, particularly in India. You can find that unpolished mung bean is green in color and polished and split mung bean is yellow in color. It is given to sick people because it is easy to digest and nutritious.
Reasons to eat Mung Beans:
- It is a natural source of calcium whichmaintains bone health and can keep you safe from fractures as well.
- Mung beans arerich in fiber and increase the digestive rate of the human body. They are responsible for increasing the overall metabolic rate in humans as well.
- Green mung beanshelp in boosting immunity. It contains copper, which helps in improving the health of our immune system.
- It contains nutrients and fiber, which helps inpreventing constipation, gas and bloating.
- It helps in reducing cholesterol levels it alsohelps in preventing heart disease. The beans also help in preventing stroke.
- It contains Vitamin C, whichhelp in fighting free radical damage.