Frisee is commonly called as Frisee and belongs to the chicory genus. It has finely curled leaves. The center leaves have a distinctive yellow coloring as they have not been exposed to much sunlight. It is mostly added in salads and gives a nice texture and taste to salads.
Reasons to use Frisee:
- Frisée is one of the lowest calorie 100 g fresh serving of frisee releases just 17 calories. It is good for people who want to weight loss.
- It is a rich source of insulin and fibre which help to reduce glucose and cholesterol levels.So, it is good against diabetes.
- It is also a good source of vitamin-A which sharpens the eyesight and prevents the risk of night blindness.
- Potassium is present in frisee which helps in countering the hypertension effects.
- It helps in cleanse the liver and gall bladder.
- Vitamin A and beta-carotene are present in frisee plant which improves skin and keeps the mucus membranes healthy.