Count what you have instead what don’t, please.
That’s why I say,
If NECESSITY IS THE MOTHER OF INVENTION
than PASSION IS THE FATHER.
Scientists at the University of California, Berkeley have produced a semantic atlas pin pointing where in the brain definitions of individual words are stored, it provide a map of brain which is used in decoding inner thoughts of a person.
- This model shows the words in intensive colors and multiple dimensions. It has been dubbed to brain dictionary.
- Different tasks like vision, hearing or emotional processing are done by different parts of the brain.
- A semantic system is used for understand the language. It is situated near the back side of the brain. It used in decoding language.
- To show how a brain accesses the definitions, they recorded the brain activity of volunteers when they listen to narrative stories. Team was amazed to find activity across the brain.
- MRI scan process is used to record brain activities of volunteers.
- Scan showed that blood flow in different regions of brain has increased which coincided with when words were spoken.
Facts and statistics about obesity:
Word Health Organisation (WHO) report
- Worldwide obesity has more than doubled since 1980.
- In 2014, more than 1.9 billion adults, 18 years and older, were overweight. Of these over 600 million were obese.
- 39% of adults aged 18 years and over were overweight in 2014, and 13% were obese.
- Most of the world’s population live in countries where overweight and obesity kills more people than underweight.
- 42 million children under the age of 5 were overweight or obese in 2013.
Definition of obesity:
- If BMI greater than or equal to 25 is overweight
- If BMI greater than or equal to 30 is obesity.
Consequences of overweight and obesity?
- Cardiovascular diseases specially heart disease and stroke, which were the leading cause of death in 2012.
- Musculoskeletal disorders specially osteoarthritis – a highly disabling degenerative disease of the joints.
- some cancers like endometrial, breast, and colon etc.
- The risk for these noncommunicable diseases increases, with an increase in BMI.
- At least 2.8 million adults die each year as a result of being overweight or obese.