Manoj Bhargava is an Indian American businessman and philanthropist. He is the founder and CEO of Innovations Ventures LLC (dba Living Essentials LLC), the company is known for producing the 5 hour energy drink. Here, He is talking about some rules for success.
His rules of success are –
Pecans are one of the most popular edible nuts native to North America and Mexico. The pecan tree is a large deciduous tree belonging to the hickory family. They are also available in several forms such as whole pecans, pecan halves, pieces, granules and meals.
Reasons to love pecans:
- Pecans contain copper, an essential mineral important to brain function. It activates enzymes responsible for metabolizing neurotransmitters and regulating their levels in your brain tissue.
- Zinc is present in pecans. It activates antioxidant enzymes that protect you from free radicals, which would otherwise damage your brain cells.
- Zinc also plays a role in brain cell function, helping to support learning and memory, according to a study published in “Neuron” in 2011.
- Pecans are rich source of Manganese. Manganese activates enzymes needed to regulate the levels of glutamate, a potential neurotoxin, in your brain.
- Too much glutamate over-excites and damages your brain cells. Manganese helps ensure that your glutamate levels don’t get too high.
- Eating just a handful of pecans a day can keep your brain functioning at a high level and reduce the risk of degenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s and stroke.