Manoj Bhargava is an Indian American businessman and philanthropist. He is the founder and CEO of Innovations Ventures LLC (dba Living Essentials LLC), the company is known for producing the 5 hour energy drink. Here, He is talking about some rules for success.
His rules of success are –
Facts and statistics about obesity:
Word Health Organisation (WHO) report
- Worldwide obesity has more than doubled since 1980.
- In 2014, more than 1.9 billion adults, 18 years and older, were overweight. Of these over 600 million were obese.
- 39% of adults aged 18 years and over were overweight in 2014, and 13% were obese.
- Most of the world’s population live in countries where overweight and obesity kills more people than underweight.
- 42 million children under the age of 5 were overweight or obese in 2013.
Definition of obesity:
- If BMI greater than or equal to 25 is overweight
- If BMI greater than or equal to 30 is obesity.
Consequences of overweight and obesity?
- Cardiovascular diseases specially heart disease and stroke, which were the leading cause of death in 2012.
- Musculoskeletal disorders specially osteoarthritis – a highly disabling degenerative disease of the joints.
- some cancers like endometrial, breast, and colon etc.
- The risk for these noncommunicable diseases increases, with an increase in BMI.
- At least 2.8 million adults die each year as a result of being overweight or obese.
Improve ( well… change) the way you see the circumstances, resources, limitations, and challenges you have. Than everything will follow you to see you succeed.