Frisee is commonly called as Frisee and belongs to the chicory genus. It has finely curled leaves. The center leaves have a distinctive yellow coloring as they have not been exposed to much sunlight. It is mostly added in salads and gives a nice texture and taste to salads.
Reasons to use Frisee:
- Frisée is one of the lowest calorie 100 g fresh serving of frisee releases just 17 calories. It is good for people who want to weight loss.
- It is a rich source of insulin and fibre which help to reduce glucose and cholesterol levels.So, it is good against diabetes.
- It is also a good source of vitamin-A which sharpens the eyesight and prevents the risk of night blindness.
- Potassium is present in frisee which helps in countering the hypertension effects.
- It helps in cleanse the liver and gall bladder.
- Vitamin A and beta-carotene are present in frisee plant which improves skin and keeps the mucus membranes healthy.
Mung beans are popularly known as green grams. Mung bean is very popular in Asia, particularly in India. You can find that unpolished mung bean is green in color and polished and split mung bean is yellow in color. It is given to sick people because it is easy to digest and nutritious.
Reasons to eat Mung Beans:
- It is a natural source of calcium whichmaintains bone health and can keep you safe from fractures as well.
- Mung beans arerich in fiber and increase the digestive rate of the human body. They are responsible for increasing the overall metabolic rate in humans as well.
- Green mung beanshelp in boosting immunity. It contains copper, which helps in improving the health of our immune system.
- It contains nutrients and fiber, which helps inpreventing constipation, gas and bloating.
- It helps in reducing cholesterol levels it alsohelps in preventing heart disease. The beans also help in preventing stroke.
- It contains Vitamin C, whichhelp in fighting free radical damage.
Water chestnut, commonly known as Paniphal or Singhara in India. It is a vegetable that is native to China and is quite common in Chinese households. Due to its low price value and on the other hand of higher nutritional facts, more or less all the people like to purchase it.
Reasons to use Water chestnut:
- It has high amount of potassium, which helps to counter the effect of sodium and good for lowering blood pressure as well as for your heart.
- Water chestnut has detoxifying properties due to these properties water chestnuts are beneficial for people suffering from jaundice.
- Vitamin B-6 is present in it hence good for sleeping as well as alleviating your mood.
- During pregnancy, it is helpful in the growth and development of fetal.
- It helps to lowers down the level of cholesterol and discourages the absorption of carbohydrate and lower cardiac risks.
- The juice of water chestnut is used to control diarrhea and dysentery.
Rhubarb (Rheum rhabarbarum) is a species of plant in the family Polygonaceae. This cool-season plant is native to Siberia, and popular in many regions of Europe and North America as “pie plant.” It’s a nutritional powerhouse that provides a great number of fantastic health benefits.
Why use Rhubarb:
- Rhubarb is a rich source of calcium that helps to keep your bones and teeth strong and healthy.
- The red stemmed rhubarb is an excellent source of vitamin A, which is crucial for healthy eyes. It contains beta-carotene, lutein and zeaxanthin that help to keep your vision sharp.
- Rhubarb has high amount of antioxidants to fight free radicals in the body, which cause premature aging.
- Rhubarb contains low level of saturated fats and sodium, which helps in reducing high cholesterol level.
- Rhubarb contains polyphenols, compounds that may help destroy cancer cells.
- Rhubarb contains stilbenoid, which helps in reducing blood sugar level.