Frisee is commonly called as Frisee and belongs to the chicory genus. It has finely curled leaves. The center leaves have a distinctive yellow coloring as they have not been exposed to much sunlight. It is mostly added in salads and gives a nice texture and taste to salads.
Reasons to use Frisee:
- Frisée is one of the lowest calorie 100 g fresh serving of frisee releases just 17 calories. It is good for people who want to weight loss.
- It is a rich source of insulin and fibre which help to reduce glucose and cholesterol levels.So, it is good against diabetes.
- It is also a good source of vitamin-A which sharpens the eyesight and prevents the risk of night blindness.
- Potassium is present in frisee which helps in countering the hypertension effects.
- It helps in cleanse the liver and gall bladder.
- Vitamin A and beta-carotene are present in frisee plant which improves skin and keeps the mucus membranes healthy.
Mung beans are popularly known as green grams. Mung bean is very popular in Asia, particularly in India. You can find that unpolished mung bean is green in color and polished and split mung bean is yellow in color. It is given to sick people because it is easy to digest and nutritious.
Reasons to eat Mung Beans:
- It is a natural source of calcium whichmaintains bone health and can keep you safe from fractures as well.
- Mung beans arerich in fiber and increase the digestive rate of the human body. They are responsible for increasing the overall metabolic rate in humans as well.
- Green mung beanshelp in boosting immunity. It contains copper, which helps in improving the health of our immune system.
- It contains nutrients and fiber, which helps inpreventing constipation, gas and bloating.
- It helps in reducing cholesterol levels it alsohelps in preventing heart disease. The beans also help in preventing stroke.
- It contains Vitamin C, whichhelp in fighting free radical damage.